Great game dear dev :P
Honey Rose - Underdog Fighter Extraordinaire
A downloadable game
What the game is about:
Honey Rose: UFE tells the story of Red, a young university student with dreams of making it big at the masked fighting tournament.
She looks up to Big Blue, the current champion, and aims to meet her idol in the ring! However, she has a history of poor class attendance, and has repeatedly failed her latest classes.
This year, she made a deal with her parents: she'd either graduate, or they'd change towns. Unfortunately, the masked fighting tournament also takes place for the first time in the very town Red lives in... making it her one and only chance to make her dream come true!
Thankfully, that's where you come in!
With your guidance, she needs to balance her studies with her training so she can bring home both the champion's belt, and her graduation.
The game is a life-management simulation, presented as a visual novel, with beat'em-up elements.
In short: some reading, a little fighting... and lots of planning!
- A visual novel based around choice and reactivity! See how events unfold based on your decisions... or lack of commitment!
- A sizeable cast of characters to encounter in dynamic events, with individual subplots to pursue!
- Fight for your dreams in the ring, or to get back your suit from dastardly thugs in the street!
- Plan ahead to make the most of the 6 months you have left until graduation!
- Bring home the champion's belt if you can, but make sure to ace your tests as well! Can you really do both?
- The setup available on this page will always be patched to the latest version available. If you want to download updates separately, please head here! Latest patch available: 184.108.40.206, dated November 13th 5PM CEST
– If you encounter any issue during play, please report it by writing to @lavantdapres or honeyUFE@gmail.com, with a screencap of the issue if at all possible!
– The game has known issues with 32-bit windows versions, and machines with low RAM. Make sure you meet the minimum specified requirements!
– The game can be misidentified as a false positive by Avast, Avira and AVG. If they block the game process from starting, make sure to allow an exception for honeyrose.exe!
– Initial launch on any configuration may require up to several minutes. Please wait to make sure the game starts correctly when first launching it!
– Make sure you have the correct version of Directx installed. By default, the installer should setup it for you, but if you skipped the process, you can access it again via the dxwebsetup.exe file.
– If fonts are not displayed correctly in the game, make sure you have the following fonts installed on your computer: OpenDyslexic, Blue Highway, Komika Text. They should be installed as part of the installation process of the desktop application, but you will need to install them separately for the browser version! Download a bundle with all the required fonts here!
The game uses a "pay-what-you-liked" remuneration model.
"Pay-what-you-liked" is a system designed after "pay-what-you-want", except you choose to support the game *after* having played it for yourself, and determined its personal value based on your own experience. It is designed to offer each player the most choice possible in whether to support the game or not.
For the whole range of options available to you, please check this page!If you choose to support the game, thank you very much! Another way to support the game is to help spread its reach by telling your friends and family about it, and giving them any extra copies you might have! Talk about the game on social media, livestream it on Youtube and other streaming services… the possibilities are endless!
If you make any fanart, or cosplay, or video, or music arrangements, be sure to notify @lavantdapres, so I can add them to the Honey Media Collection! If you need anything to make any of the previous happen, be sure to contact @lavantdapres, to discuss what is possible!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Has anyone had success running this on a Mac? Love this concept and everything about this game so much, I really want to be able to play it
Hey there! Thanks a lot for the interest :-) For Mac, I'd recommend direct browser play, as all other versions are Node Webkit exports and aren't Mac compatible AFAIK. All the info for browser play is here: http://pehesse.fr/honey/en/get-the-game/ or if you'd rather get to it now the game itself is http://pehesse.fr/honey/web !