Thank you for having the heart to make and share this game!
Living the Dream
Experience the life of a fledling game developer as you build the game of your dreams.
The web version available above is a free preview of the game, containing only the first few minutes.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE YOU BUY
- the game takes about 30mn to play through.
- the game has been designed to be playable only once. While players with the technical know-how might be able to circumvent this limitation, we ask you to refrain and please experience the game as intended.
- some of the topics are sensitive and can prove harmful to some audiences. Be sure to exercice proper self-care and not play the game if you're too vulnerable.
- A game by Camille and Valérian
- Music by Ketsa and Jan-Michael Hökenschnieder from Free Music Archive
- Sound effects from SoundJay, Taira Komori's "Let's Play with Free Sound Effects" and the 2016 GDC Audio Bundle
- Special thanks: Poulet, Sassie, Heline, David, Diane, Mark, Cecile and FX
- Made using Construct 3
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
hello i played this a few days ago and i cant get it out of my head, the visuals the narrative the twist it was just... wow. sometimes you just get these really rare gems that pop up and its just... wow. this story really hit home and im very glad you decided to share this. thank you :]]
Wow, thank you so much!! I'm touched that it spoke to you, and I thank you very much for saying so.
I've downloaded it, but there's no " Living the dream.exe " in the zipfile, only "WindowsIconUpdater.exe" and that doesn't launch the game . Maybe i did something wrong?
There should be a "win64" folder within the archive that has the game exe, I think? The WindowsIconUpdater is one level above, next to the folder you're looking for! I'll clarify the instructions, sorry for the trouble!
It was touching, and really hit close to home.
Thank you for this!
This was a moving, troubling, useful, precious thing to play. Thanks a lot for making it.